I’m pretty sure we approached perfection this weekend:
– Bought way too much produce at the farmer’s market
– Hit up Rooster for breakfast
– Drove 30 minutes into Illinois to check out an used office furniture store (What? That’s not your idea of a good time) and were rewarded with a set of bowling alley lockers that will be the perfect home for Hubster’s camera collection
– Ate some spectacular dinners, one of which was followed by Sugar Cookie Peaches
- AND I got to nap on Sunday
All of that would be enough, but we also spent a few hours on the initial demo of the trailer!
It’s a little odd to be excited that a perfectly functional trailer is now in pieces in the tunnel of a former brewery. (That whole sentence is rather odd, actually.) But it represents the first steps toward cheap continental US vacationing.
And I even impressed Hubster with my screw removing skills… OK, less so with my skills and more so with my ability to tolerate rather mundane, repetitive projects. I know, zipping 40 screws out of each trailer window is not technically the most glamorous job in the world, but I totally built it up in my mind. I was a present day Rosie the Riveter! Complete with pink bandana!
Yes… these are literally the things that go through my mind. You’re here by choice, so maybe we don’t judge each other.
Speaking of why you’re here, it’s probably to hear about food. This chicken was the first recipe I opted to try from Pinterest. Despite the pinner’s claim that it was THE BEST EVER, I would give it a solid B. It’s good, it’s flavorful, but it’s still just grilled chicken. It’s not the Rosie the Riveter of chicken, but it will do for a weeknight dinner.
Grilled cilantro chicken
From the Artsy Foodie
2 garlic cloves
½ cup cilantro
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Roughly chop the garlic and cilantro. Place garlic, cilantro, fish sauce and sesame oil in a mini food processor and process until smooth. Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate overnight. Grill chicken.