Sugar cookie peaches

Normally, I like to end the week with a weekend meal. But not today. Today, I’ve got a great dessert for you. I figure, if you’re anything like me, you don’t make dessert during the week. Who has time? (And who really wants all those delicious calories sitting around staring at you in moments of weakness?)

Of course, that’s not to say that you can’t make this dessert during the week. You could. It’s perfectly portioned for two people and I don’t think it would really keep so it can tempt you.

This also fits nicely in the “eat this now” theme that is prevalent this week. So when you’re picking up peaches for the Tilapia tacos, grab a few extra for this awesome dessert I snagged from Heather’s Dish. It was deceptively simple, so I knew it would either be a smash or an epic fail. Thankfully it was the former and I probably shouldn’t have doubted it. Just mix up some full fat (mmm butter and sugar) sugar cookie dough and press it on top of halved peaches. Bake. Enjoy. And then eat another half because it is the weekend after all…

Sugar cookie peaches
Adapted from Heather’s Dish Baked Sugar Cookies Peaches

¼ stick butter, room temperature
¼ cup sugar
½ egg white
¼ tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
½ cup + ½ Tbsp flour
⅓ tsp baking powder
2 peaches

Cream butter, sugar, egg white, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl and mix in to wet ingredients. Loosely cover and refrigerate dough.

Preheat oven to 350. Cut peaches in half and separate with your fingers. (This will be more difficult if the peaches are under ripe. Also see note below about baking times for under ripe peaches.) Use a spoon to remove the pit. Place the peaches cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Top each peach with ¼ of the dough, pressing down slightly so the dough covers the top of the peach. Bake peaches for 25 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.

Notes: The biggest change I made from Heather’s recipe was to halve the sugar cookie dough. I intended to make just a half peach per person, but had so much dough left I ended up with four pieces. Honestly, the recipe was so good I suggest a full peach per person if they’re small. If you have large peaches, the proportions may be closer. In cutting the recipe, you’ll needed half of an egg white. Just separate the egg white into a small bowl and use about half of it. Also, Heather points out that you can use under ripe peaches for this. I ended up with perfectly ripe ones so I didn’t pre-bake them as she suggests. If your peaches are a little firm, pop them in the oven for 10 minutes before you add the cookie dough.

Laken - August 12, 2011 - 6:23 pm

This is genius. Making it as soon as possible!

hhawes - August 12, 2011 - 6:43 pm

Yeah, it’s really awesome. It has left Hubster and I wondering what other fruit we can push sugar cookie dough onto and bake :)

Chuck - August 12, 2011 - 11:10 pm

I forget how I found your page, but I’ve been popping by for a while. This seriously looks amazing. And I am just starting to love peaches, and I think this would be a perfect next step. After all, it has a cookie on it!

hhawes - August 15, 2011 - 2:05 pm

Baked peaches are good alone, so the cookie takes it over the top! Let me know if you try it and love it :)

Mandy - August 16, 2011 - 12:24 am

My wonderful partner, Josh, spoiled me Sunday night with this delectable treat. He enhanced the tops with vanilla sugar, which make the peach and cookie even more delicious! Wonderful post! Thanks!

hhawes - August 16, 2011 - 1:36 am

Oooh! I like the addition of the vanilla sugar. Also, how did you convince your guy to bake for you?? ;)

Mandy - August 17, 2011 - 12:59 am

Josh is the best baker that I know! Iam quite the lucky girl especially since I am or was a closet shameless cookie hound. :)

Jessica - August 19, 2011 - 9:38 pm

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to make it. (Or have you make for me the next time we get together!)

hhawes - August 22, 2011 - 12:11 pm

Thanks! It’s a great concept and super easy :)

Chuck - September 4, 2011 - 12:56 pm

We tried these last night with some friends. LOVED them. Such an awesome idea. Was like a modern and simple take on a cobbler. Awesome dessert.

hhawes - September 6, 2011 - 10:17 pm

Awesome! I’m glad you liked them :)

[…] Hubster’s  camera collection – Ate some spectacular dinners, one of which was followed by Sugar Cookie Peaches – AND I got to nap on […]

Key lime cake » Modern Meals for Two - August 23, 2012 - 6:48 pm

[…] 2012 cake has caused a struggle through the summer months because all I want to do is smash sugar cookies onto peaches and make other fruit laden desserts… not layer cakes. Oh, sure I have tons of ideas stored […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.